4.24.2011

It'll Be Okay

I found a new quote a while back that really speaks to me. In fact, I often repeat it to myself when I'm sad and/or stressed out about IF.


"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."


I don't even think about what might happen that would make me give up on trying to have a baby. Even though people are beginning to ask why I don't just give up and adopt already, I still feel like there are things yet to try and time yet to wait. I tried to explain to someone not too long ago that, for someone who is trying to conceive and has even the tiniest chance of doing so, to "give up" would mean that one morning I would have to wake up and think "I'm done. I give up. I admit defeat." Instead, I get from one day to the next by thinking that something is bound to go my way at some point and, if I give up, I will miss my chance. Besides, I don't think anyone really understands that adoption can be even more expensive than fertility treatments.


I'll take hope any day, even if it's only a tiny sliver.

2 comments:

  1. "I'll take hope any day, even if it's only a tiny sliver." AGREE! It is HOPE and positive thinking that has helped us the most on this 2 year journey. I can't ever imagine a time when I'll be able to say I'm done trying. Each cycle we find out new information, and we tweak things. So who's to say the next time won't be the one? ")

    I am loving the blog. I am an avid reader myself, married to a teacher. Hopefully we can share book suggestions! I'm reading Tina Fey's "Bossypants" right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that most people who haven't had to struggle to conceive don't understand that this isn't just something we "want." For many of us, becoming a parent is an inherent NEED that we are driven to fulfill. If you were stranded in the desert and feeling parched, would you just give up on any hope that you'd find some water? Or would you continue to search for an oasis?

    Aramelle @ One Wheeler's World
    http://the-wheeler-family.net/aramelle_blog

    ReplyDelete

Elsie Louise Mroch

Elsie Louise Mroch
the puppy who changed my mind