3.11.2012

A New Obsession

I have happily postponed my FET to summer because I/we decided that my work schedule is too crazy to be running back and forth to the doctor and, more excitingly, we have decided that our income tax return (which is still an unknown amount) needs to sit in our savings account because we have bought a new house!
After going back and forth on whether to build or buy for several years, we happily discovered that one of the few houses that we have both always loved was for sale and in our price range.  After several rounds of back and forth offers, we got a deal that we believe is fair and a closing date at the end of May.  With no contingency to sell our house, we are now living on borrowed time and need a quick sale on our current house.  This, of course, scares the crap out of me.  People keep assuring me that we will have no trouble selling our house but the mere thought of having two mortgages scares the crap out of me!

3 comments:

  1. It's Beautiful!! I hope you can sell your house quick - but if not...remember there are many of us renters that can't buy a house yet because of down payments that could rent your house. I'm a townhouse renter and my landlord only has this property (because it was easier to rent then sell in the market..it's been four years now). I don't know about where you live, but here rent is often higher than a house mortgage, so you'd be competitive in the market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that the house? It's GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! Kati, I actually have a man who wants to rent it this summer if we haven't sold it yet. I would consider renting it out indefinitely except the equity from selling it is our down payment. We spent our savings on IVF so we need every penny from this one for the new house!

    ReplyDelete

Elsie Louise Mroch

Elsie Louise Mroch
the puppy who changed my mind