7.14.2010

Peach Pie and Other Summer Fun




How yummy does my peach pie look? And how cute is my new owl dishcloth? The pie was supposed to be in celebration of fresh summer peaches, but I couldn't find any in my lame little town, so it's made with canned peaches. I had some extra crust after making a very simple lattice, so I got out my music note cookie cutter in an effort to make Dear Hubby like a dessert that doesn't include peanut butter or chocolate. The dishcloth came from a cute little home store in Murray. I was replacing an old favorite that met an untimely (puppy related) end.



We had a nice 4th of July visit with the Thomas family in Indianapolis. Aunt Kim and Ava get along smashingly. She's smart, likes books and is a great big sister to Bash. We also decorated the entire driveway with sidewalk chalk while I was there. Cute, aren't they?


Summer's winding down and I'm getting that panicky feeling I get any time a vacation is almost over and I'm not sure I've gotten everything done I'd like.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Elsie Louise Mroch

Elsie Louise Mroch
the puppy who changed my mind