1.11.2012

IF's Common Thread


IF's Common Thread

Some really great ladies in the online IF community started wearing a bracelet made of a specific kind and color embroidery thread to signify that they are a part of the IF community.  It serves many purposes, but one of the goals is to educate the world about infertility.  If you wear the pomegranate bracelet and someone asks you about it, you're supposed to share your story and hopefully do your part to end the shame and embarrassment that too often accompany infertility by being open and honest with people you might not ordinarily open up to.  The bracelet is also a way for a PAIF (pregnant after infertility) woman to reach out to those of us who are still trying to get pregnant.  It says, "I know what you're going through.  I've been there and I know how lucky I am."  What a great message, something one of the original ladies likened to a secret handshake. 

The ladies on thebump are putting together a Common Thread event and soon I'll be sporting a bracelet the color of pomegranates (which are said to increase fertility).  Ask me about it if you see me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elsie Louise Mroch

Elsie Louise Mroch
the puppy who changed my mind